Download Free – HSN Classification under GST E-Book
Under Indirect Tax Laws, classification is the categorization of goods or services crucial to ascertain whether a subject matter is exigible to tax, exemption, the rate of tax etc. In GST regime, classification of goods has to be in accordance with Customs Tariff Act which is based on the Harmonized System of Nomenclature (HSN). The classification of services is based on the service code (tariff). Classification of goods or services is a complex procedure of ascertaining whether goods or services are composite, non-composite or mixed, and how to resolve competitive entries etc.
Also Read: Understanding HSN Codes and SAC Under GST
To provide some solution to these issues, the Indirect Taxes Committee of the ICAI has come out with “E-Handbook on classification under GST’. This e-publication inter alia covers meaning, need, principles/rules to be considered, steps to be followed etc. for aptly classifying goods/services. This e-handbook provides a deeper knowledge of provisions pertaining to Classification of goods and services under GST in a simplified manner along with relevant notifications issued and few judicial pronouncements.
Book Cover Following topics-
2. Identification of Supply of Goods or Services
3. Classification of activities which are neither Supply of Goods nor Supply of Services
4. Identification of Composite Supplies or Mixed Supplies
5. Classification of goods as per Notification
6. General Rules of Interpretation
7. Classification Principles Evolved By Courts
8. Classification of Services as per Notification
Download Free e-book by ICAI on HSN Classification under GST