The Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) has issued Advisory on Opting-in for Composition Scheme for Financial year 2021-22.
How to opt-in for Composition Scheme:
1. The eligible registered taxpayers, who want to opt-in for composition scheme for the FY 2021-22, need to file FORM GST CMP-02 application, on or before 31st March, 2021, post login on GST portal. The taxpayers may navigate as follows:
Log-in>Services > Registration > Application to opt for Composition Levy>Filing form GST CMP-02>File application under DSC/EVC
1. Once Form GST CMP-02 application is filed, the composition scheme will be available to the taxpayer, w.e.f. 1st April 2021.
2. The taxpayers already opted in for composition scheme earlier are not required to opt in again for FY 2021-2022.
3. Taxpayers who were regular taxpayers in previous FY, but are opting-in for composition scheme for 2021-22, must file Form GST ITC-03 for reversal of ITC on stocks of inputs, semi-finished goods and finished goods available with them, within 60 days from the effective date of opting in.
Who is eligible for opting-in for Composition Scheme:– Following Normal taxpayers, who don’t want to avail ITC facility, may opt for this scheme:
1. having aggregate turnover (at PAN level) upto Rs. 1.5 Crore in the previous FY.
2. having aggregate turnover (at PAN level) upto Rs. 75 lakh in the previous FY and who are registered in Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura & Uttarakhand.
3. supplying services and/or mixed supplies having aggregate turnover of previous FY upto Rs. 50 lakhs.
Who is not eligible for opting in composition scheme:
1. Suppliers of the goods/services who are not liable to pay tax under GST
2. Inter-State outward suppliers of goods/services
3. Taxpayers supplying goods through e-commerce operators who are required to collect tax under sec 52
4. The manufacturers of notified goods like Ice cream and other edible ice, whether or not containing cocoa, tobacco and manufactured tobacco substitutes, Pan Masala & Aerated water
XaTTaX is Best GST Software, Simplify your Financial matters with GST eFiling Software for Return Filing & GST Billing Software in India.
- Automate Invoicing and get Paid Faster
- Integration with all popular accounting software
- Manage your GST and E-WayBill Software anytime anywhere using multiple devices
Get Our GST Software DEMO and E-WAY BILL DEMO for FREE